The New Zealand startup news headlines listed below were drawn from online coverage of New Zealand’s startups in September 2020.
Items listed give a quick overview of New Zealand’s startup news headlines, with each NZ tech headline linked to the online news article behind it. This gives you quick-glance info on New Zealand’s startups, and helps you quickly get to the articles you most want to read.
- New Zealand: Sustainable Foods alternative protein startup to launch hemp-based meat high in protein and fibre and minimally processed in early 2021
- New Zealand: Thirdweb takes 1st prize at national finals of Entrepreneurship World Cup with single, unified subscription for online news sources
- New Zealand: A brief look at CH4 Global, turning sustainable red seaweed into livestock feed supplement to reduce methane emissions by up to 90%
- New Zealand: Centrapay digital asset and payment platform gains backing from Coca-Cola’s Amatil X venture firm
- New Zealand Police continue to take major steps with facial recognition software in CCTV analysis and passport control scenarios
- New Zealand Government-backed $300M Elevate NZ Venture Fund makes first investment, placing $21.5M into Australia’s Blackbird Ventures
- New Zealand: PlayBook ‘smart meetings’ platform launches, aiming to streamline agenda scheduling and collaboration
- New Zealand: A brief intro to the ArcAngels Fund, aiming to invest in up to 20 early-stage female-led NZ startups
- New Zealand: Startup Weekend Taranaki set for November 13-15
- New Zealand: First AML raises NZ$8M Series A with anti-money laundering compliance technology
- New Zealand: Inaugural RemoteTogetherNZ festival set for Queenstown, from November 2-13, providing a deep dive into all aspects of remote working
- New Zealand: Advertising Standards Authority reveals strict new guidelines for social media influencers – “consumers should know it is advertising at their first interaction…”
- New Zealand: A brief look at Chnnl, app promoting wellbeing by monitoring workplace stress and bullying
- New Zealand: Vxt startup secures $600K with smart voicemail app that converts voicemails to text for users to read via app or email
- Australia/New Zealand: Women In AI Awards applications and nominations open September 14th, aiming to recognise female entrepreneurs in artificial intelligence
- Australia’s Startmate unveils latest startup intake, alongside its first New Zealand cohort
- An intro to 6 packaging startups focused on combating plastic waste, including innovations from Hong Kong, Singapore and New Zealand
Startup news daily
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links