The Japanese startup news headlines listed below were gathered from online media coverage of Japan’s startup and tech developments in September 2020.
Items listed deliver at-a-glance knowledge of Japan’s startup news headlines (from English-language media) for September; each Japanese startup headline here links to the online article behind it, giving quick reference info on developments in Japan’s startup ecosystem, and allowing you to read the articles that interest you.
- Japan: coxco startup partners Yagi & Co textile trading house to sell clothing made from leftover warehouse sample fabrics, highlighting waste in the apparel industry
- Japan: Smart AI City Sapporo – a 21-page intro to the city’s tech and innovation ecosystem (pdf)
- DNX Ventures, investment firm focusing on early-stage B2B startups in Japan and US and part of the Draper Venture Network, closes new $315M fund
- A brief intro to the 15 Japanese startups presenting at TechCruch’s Disrupt 2020 virtual event, working in AI, healthtech, coding and more
- Japan: A dive into the country’s approach to 5G systems, vendors and supply chains and how this differs from the current US approach
- Japan: Fujitsu partners San Diego’s Nanome virtual reality startup to introduce immersive design and collaboration platform focused on biopharmaceutical market
- Japan: Aichi Smart Sustainable City Co-creation Challenge seeks innovations and startups focused on 4 key issues
- Australia’s Prospection healthcare analytics startup takes step into APAC with launch of Japan office
- A video look at the recent Startup Terrace & Osaka Innovation Hub Online Pitch event, and the 6 tech startups that participated
Startup news daily
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links