The Indonesia startup news headlines listed below were gathered from online media coverage of Indonesia’s startup and tech developments in September 2020.
Items listed give at-a-glance knowledge of Indonesia’s technology news headlines for September; each Indonesian startup news headline listed is linked to the online article behind it, giving you quick reference on key developments in Indonesia’s startup ecosystem, and allowing you to read only those articles that interest you.
- Indonesia: PasarPolis insurance tech firm banks $45M, having issued over 650M policies to first-time insurance customers in 2019
- Indonesia: Government to digitalize state-owned enterprises, aiming to boost economic efficiency; and boost startups by offering venture capital via SOEs and banks
- Australia’s Amatil X, Coca-Cola’s corporate venturing platform, sets sights on growth in Indonesia with startups and innovation
- Indonesia: A round-up of recent tech, startup and funding news from the country, gathered from Startup News Asia’s daily updates
- Indonesia: An overview of the country’s financial apps and e-wallet services
- Indonesia: 12 more companies including Twitter and Zoom added to list of internet businesses that must pay 10% value-added tax on sales
- Indonesia: A look at how Crowde empowers smallholder farmers with access to capital and technology – one of 11 finalists in the Future Food Asia 2020 Awards
- Indonesia: A brief look at the National Cyber and Encryption Agency, focused on tackling increasing cyber-threats – over 88M attacks in first four months of 2020 alone
- Singapore’s Float Foods launches NEWFOOD Startup 2020 for food-focused innovators and startups in Indonesia
- Indonesia: Yummy Corporation ‘cloud kitchen’ management firm raises $12M with over 70 facilities providing deliveries-focused food production services
- Mobile Only Accelerator – MOX- unveils 7 graduates of 9th cohort of startups focusing on mobile-first markets in South and Southeast Asia
- Thailand: Indonesia’s Gojek ride-hailing giant adds to Grab rivalry with launch of multi-service Thailand app
- Vietnam: GoJek, Indonesian ride-hail giant, acquires majority stake in WePay payments startup, gaining access to 24 banks, 1K merchants and 4 international card issuers
- South Korea: Maeil Business Newspaper selects 3 professionals from Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar as winners for 5th edition of ASEAN Entrepreneur Award
Startup news daily
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links