The Hong Kong startup news headlines collected here were gathered from online media coverage of Hong Kong’s startup and technology news across September 2020.
Items here give an introduction to Hong Kong’s startup news headlines for the month; each Hong Kong startup headline below links to the online article behind each headline, giving at-a-glance knowledge of developments in Hong Kong’s startup and technology ecosystems, and also allowing you to instantly read those articles that interest you.
- Hong Kong: An intro to Distinctive Action’s eco-friendly Invisible Bag which can dissolve in hot water, non-toxic and without causing environmental harm
- Asia Smart App Summit 2020 set for September 17th with theme of ‘how to tackle COVID-19 with apps and technology’, delivered online from Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: XanPool secures $4.3M pre-Series A with payment infrastructure that allows instant processing of both traditional and cryptocurrency transactions
- Hong Kong: An intro to Miny, cloud-based Bitcoin mining startup
- An intro to 6 packaging startups focused on combating plastic waste, including innovations from Hong Kong, Singapore and New Zealand
- Hong Kong Blockchain Week 2020 set for November 17-19
- Hong Kong: Standard Chartered launches Mox Bank ‘virtual bank’
- Singapore’s Style Theory launches in Hong Kong allowing users to lease, sell and purchase designer garments and accessories
- Consensys blockchain firm awarded contract for Project Ithanon-Lionrock, cross-border payment project using CBDC between Thailand and Hong Kong
- Hong Kong’s Betatron accelerator and VC firm unveil the 9 startups selected for its 6th cohort, including startups from India and the Philippines
Startup news daily
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via mobile app – which collect technology news across 17 locations in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
For a bullet-point overview of our channels:
Startup News Asia quick links