Taiwan’s startup news in October 2020
Taiwan startup news headlines listed here were gathered from a variety of online press sources covering Taiwan’s tech, startup and VC spaces in October 2020.
Each Taiwan startup news headline below is linked to the full news article for that headline, giving readers two things immediately: an at a glance overview of Taiwan’s startup scene in October of 2020; and instant one-click access to the information in each Taiwan startup news item.
Items here were first featured in Startup News Asia’s daily updates.
Taiwanese startup news headlines here are deliberately a ‘wide focus’ collection, rather than narrowly focused, and cover a wide range: from obvious news like a Taiwan startup launching a new app, to the scheduling of a Taiwan startup event. The aim with such a wide focus is to provide a better understanding of Taiwan’s overall startup scene.
- Taiwan: iWEECARE adds $2.4M to pre-Series A for remote patient monitoring technologies
- Taiwan: A snapshot of the country’s tech, startup and VC news from the past month
- Taiwan: A look at FaceHeart’s contactless vision-based health management system, detecting heart rate, blood pressure and more in real-time via a camera
- Webinar: ‘Empowering IoT Startups, Taiwan can help’ online event set for October 15th to connect North American startups with Taiwanese tech firms and facilities
- G Camp selects 7 startups for Taiwan Startup Pitch Night, set for October 22nd and running online
- Taobao Taiwan to close e-commerce site by year-end following Investment Commission identification of control by China’s Alibaba Group
- Taiwan: iWEECARE healthtech startup recently raised near $2.4M pre-series A, with Temp Pal remote wearable thermometer for patient monitoring at a distance
- Taiwan: 2020 Meet Taipei Startup Festival set for November 18-21
- Taiwan: Microsoft to establish datacenter region in Taiwan as a part of ‘Reimagine Taiwan’ initiative; and to provide digital skilling for over 200K people in Taiwan by 2024
- Taiwan’s FunNow acquires Malaysia’s TABLEAPP to add restaurant reservation and table management tools to core focus on connecting users to last-minute entertainments
- Malaysia: Youbeli e-commerce firm partners Taiwan’s PChomeSEA e-commerce platform for cross-border shopping, adding access to 5M products
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •