Sri Lanka’s startup news in October 2020
Sri Lankan startup headlines below were gathered from online press coverage of Sri Lanka’s tech, startup and VC spaces in October 2020.
Each Sri Lanka startup headline below is linked to the full news article for that headline, giving first an at a glance grasp of the Sri Lanka startup scene in October of 2020, and also giving readers one-click access to the information provided by the articles behind each headline listed.
Items here were first featured in Startup News Asia’s daily updates.
Sri Lanka startup news headlines featured deliver a deliberately ‘wide focus’ collection of recent items, and cover a similarly wide range; from obvious news like a Sri Lankan startup launching a new app, to a Sri Lankan tech meetup being scheduled. The aim with such a wide focus is to provide a broad understanding of Sri Lanka’s startup space.
- Sri Lanka: Mobitel and Huawei launch country’s first mid-range 5G smartphone
- Sri Lanka: An overview of 99x technology firm, and its steps into the startup world
- Sri Lanka: Ceylon Chamber of Commerce launches CCC Council for Startups, aiming to boost economic development through entrepreneurship
- Sri Lanka: disABILITY app launches to support children with a disability and their families, including teletherapy services for people with cerebral palsy
- Sri Lanka: SLASSCOM launches Women Technopreneurs Forum to support, promote and grow women technopreneurs, aiming for 1000 startups by 2025
- A brief look at Sri Lanka Association for Software Services Companies’ aims for the Startup Sri Lanka initiative
- Sri Lanka: GoodLife X Accelerator unveils the 10 startups graduating from batch 2, focuse on food, travel, wellness and design
- A brief intro to 4 of the startups set to present at the 2020 Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit from November 18-20
- Australia’s GoMicro lands funding and major partnership to test its AI assessment app on tuna for Sri Lankan supermarket chain
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •