Singapore’s startup news in October 2020
Singapore startup news headlines listed below were gathered from online press coverage of Singapore’s tech, startup and VC funding spaces across October 2020.
Each Singapore-focused startup news headline listed is hyperlinked to the full online news article for that headline, giving readers an instant overview of the Singapore startup scene in October 2020, and also giving readers one-click access to the articles behind each Singaporean startup news headline listed.
Items here were first featured in Startup News Asia’s daily updates.
The Singapore startup news items below are a deliberately broad collection of recent items from Singapore, and may cover anything; from obvious news items, such as a Singaporean tech startup launching a new service, to a new technology being introduced to Singapore from the outside world.
- Singapore: A month-end collection of tech, startup and funding headlines, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds
- Singapore: RootAnt banking-as-a-service startup secures $1.46M, sights set in part on multi-tier financing to support businesses within supply chain ecosystems
- Singapore: Shiok Meats raises $12.6M Series A with cell-based shrimp as an alternative to animal protein
- Ampverse esports firm gains pre-Series A funding with sights on M&A, dedicated content creation studio and more
- Singapore: Lanturn raises $3M seed round with tech-enabled corporate services and automated administration platform
- A brief look at the 4 finalists selected for the inaugural DBS Foundation Social Impact Prize
- PwC Singapore launches 5-day Scale Programme to help foreign startups enter SE Asia
- Cybersecurity Labelling Scheme launched by Cyber Security Agency of Singapore focusing on consumer smart devices in effort to improve IoT security
- Singapore: An intro to Lucy, fintech currently testing pilot initiative in Singapore, focusing on underserved and underbanked female business owners in SEA
- Singapore: Safer Cyberspace Masterplan 2020 launched to boost cybersecurity for individual users, communities, enterprises and organisations
- Singapore: Algorand Asia accelerator unveils 10 blockchain startups selected for batch 1
- Singapore: IT Leader Awards 2021 nominations close October 31st, across 3 categories under the theme ‘Tech Heroes From Crisis’
- Singapore: TurtleTree Labs wins Entrepreneurship World Cup with cell-based milk, with added benefit of a 98% carbon footprint reduction
- A look at 9 agri-tech and foodtech startups set to pitch at the Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit, set for November 18-20
- Mastercard partners Singapore-based MatchMove and France’s Idemia augmented identity firm to pilot fingerprint-based biometric payments card in Asia
- Singapore’s DBS Bank launches feature enabling businesses to track cross-border payment collections in real-time, rolled out to over 240K corporate and SME clients
- A brief intro to 4 of the startups set to present at the 2020 Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit from November 18-20
- An intro to the 5 startups selected for the finals of MedTech Innovator’s 2020 Asia Pacific Grand Prize
- Singapore: DBS bank and financial services corp reportedly building digital assets trading platform, ‘…solutions to tap the vast potential of private markets and digital currencies’
- SingTel likely to commit $440M to joint venture with Grab to start digital bank in Singapore
- The Digital Feed Episode 2 – The Basics of Blockchain, from UNDP Singapore Global Centre
- Japan’s Dream Drive takes top prize at travel-focused WiT Startup Pitch event in Singapore with ‘luxury hotel on wheels’ camper van concept
- Singapore’s LuneX Ventures blockchain and cryptocurrency fund opens opportunity for Malaysia’s blockchain startups to apply for growth funding
- Accenture selects 10 startups for FinTech Innovation Lab AsiaPacific mentorship program, including firms from Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Australia
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •