Japan’s startup headlines: October 2020
The Japanese tech startup headlines listed below were collected from online press coverage of Japan’s tech, startup and funding news items reported in October 2020.
Each Japan-focused startup news headline listed takes readers to the full article behind that headline, giving readers an instant, one-page overview of Japan’s startup developments in October 2020, whilst also giving readers one-click way access to the articles behind any or all of the news articles featured.
Japan-focused startup news headlines listed deliver a deliberately broad overview of Japan’s recent startup news, and can cover anything – a Japanese startup gaining VC backing, right through to a tech development that impacts on Japan generally. Similarly, articles might focus on anything relevant, from startup-focused legislation to a simple, introductory look at a Japanese tech startup.
- Japan’s Dream Drive takes top prize at travel-focused WiT Startup Pitch event in Singapore with ‘luxury hotel on wheels’ camper van concept
- Japan’s DAIZ joins Thailand’s Let’s Plant Meat in receiving Asia’s Plant Protein Award based on soy-based meat alternative ingredient
- Thailand: Japan’s Line looks to Line Man food delivery business for financial edge following merge with Wongnai restaurant listings site, adding to Line’s 47M Thai users
- Japan: Andpad secures $18.8M with cloud-based schedule, blueprint and work sharing app for construction workers, supervisors and clients
- Japan: At least 18 prefectures hit by extortion attempts demanding bitcoin
- Japan: Get In The Ring Osaka 2020 AI edition applications now open – finals to be held online December 3rd
- Japan: A brief round-up of recent tech startup headlines, linked from PDF to each online news article and QR coded for offline-to-online reading
- Japan: LINE Corporation, best known for its messaging app, to launch blockchain platform allowing central banks to develop digital currencies
- Japan: Pro footballer launches his own KSK Honda Coin cryptocurrency to boost fan engagement, in partnership with Rally blockchain platform
- Japan: Genesia Ventures closes $75M fund to invest in early-stage Japanese and SE Asian startups
- Japan’s Paronym closes $6.5M round to expand interactive video solutions in Thailand, with tech allowing users to tag and add info to video
- Cambodia: The white paper produced by Japan’s Soramitsu, outlining Project Bakong, the central bank digital currency launched by the National Bank of Cambodia
- Japan’s SBI Group and Switzerland’s Sygnum Group establish early-stage fund for digital asset opportunities in SEA and Europe
- ICYMI: Cybersecurity-focused Memorandum of Cooperation signed between India and Japan
- India’s Tata Consultancy Services IT services major partners University of Tokyo for research, collaboration, talent exchange, innovation and startup engagement
- Japan’s Line integrates banking services into messaging app, launching in Thailand as first market
- Australia, Japan, India and the US set to agree to jointly counter disinformation campaigns by authoritarian states and to secure critical tech supplies and minerals
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •