Sri Lanka’s tech startup news
Sri Lankan tech news snapshot: November 2020
The Sri Lanka startup news snapshot collected below provides a brief selection of headlines, drawn from online news platforms, journalists and tech sources covering Sri Lanka’s startups in November 2020.
The individual Sri Lankan startup news headlines listed each connect you directly to the online news article behind each headline, giving readers two things instantly: a quick-reference grasp of recent developments in Sri Lanka’s startup ecosystem; and direct connections to full background information – the articles – for each headline.
Startup News Asia’s Sri Lanka snapshots give a regular, monthly and brief-but-broad overview of Sri Lanka’s startup news in a given month, and provide, where possible, relevant overseas technology news alongside domestic Sri Lankan startup news items.
- Sri Lanka: A look at the recently-completed KICKASS Bootcamp, 1-month program focused on business development skills for Sri Lanka’s women founders and leaders
- Sri Lanka: UN Development Programme launches HackaDev National Youth Social Innovation Challenge to crowdsource social innovations in response to COVID-19
- “Sri Lanka recorded the 2nd-highest malware encounter rate at 9.07% in 2019. Despite a 14% decrease, this was 1.7 times higher than the regional average.”
- Sri Lanka: Healthnet takes local win at Seedstars World Competition with online pharmacy platform and delivery service
- Sri Lanka: A look at Gavesha, locally-made microcontroller making electronics and programming accessible to children with modular ‘LEGO for tech’ approach
Asia’s startup news, today
All-day tech and startup news updates from Startup News Asia covering South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with technology news items from the wider world:
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •