News from May 2020
The monthly startup news summary for Vietnam covering May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
Vietnamese startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Vietnam’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Vietnam’s startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the Vietnam tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about Vietnam’s tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Vietnam’s tech startups.
Previous monthly startup news summaries for Vietnam are also available online, along with quarterly collections of Vietnam’s tech news.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- Vietnam: State-owned VinaPhone 5G network announces download speed 10 times faster than 4G, with near zero latency
- Vietnam: HDBank joins Contour blockchain-based network to extend trade financing to corporates, speeding Letters Of Credit process and gaining cost savings
- Vietnam: An interview intro to the co-founder behind Amanotes, high-performing games development startup
- Vietnam: Uniphore conversational AI startup preps for in-country growth with computer-driven automated voice and chat services to automate customer communication
- Vietnam: An intro to WeGrow Edu, filling an education gap by empowering children and young people from age 5 to 24 to better understand sex and sexuality
- Vietnam: JobHopin raises $2.45M Series A to make job hunting in SE Asia easier, using machine learning to pair candidates with positions
- Vietnam: Viet Valley Ventures to invest in 3 Vietnamese tech startups working on solutions in HR, marketing and management software
- Vietnam: Creative Idea Competition 2020 launched by Innovative Entrepreneurship Center, Vietnam National University to help students turn ideas into startup businesses
- Vietnam: Sapo Technology sales and management platform secures Series A with multichannel e-commerce management tool
- Startup Vietnam Foundation Australia launches, aiming to develop startup and innovation ecosystem for Vietnamese students and entrepreneurs in Australia
- Vietnam: Mobile transactions forecast to grow by 400% by 2025, with 25% of banks projected to pursue digital core platforms
- Vietnam: Hoozing property-tech startup raises pre-Series A funding with ‘real estate supermarket’ approach
- Vietnam: Plans for ‘Vietnam’s Silicon Valley’ initiative prompt Ho Chi Minh City to plan merge of three districts into one ‘innovative urban area’
- Vietnam: Voiz FM audiobook and podcast platform gains seed funding from 500 Startups