News from May 2020
The monthly startup news summary covering Thailand in May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The Thai startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Thailand’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Thailand’s startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the Thai tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about Thailand’s tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Thailand’s tech startups.
Previous monthly startup news summaries for Thailand are also available online, along with quarterly collections of Thailand’s tech news.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- Thailand: Gov’t sets $1.5BN budget to improve 8000 remote primary and secondary schools from 2020 to 2022, focusing on foreign language and digital skills
- Thailand: Conicle ed-tech startup secures $900K pre-Series A with learning management systems focus
- Thailand: A brief overview of how the National Innovation Agency aims to boost the startup ecosystem into becoming tech-focused ‘economic warriors’
- Thailand: Digio, pioneer in the country’s mobile POS platforms, raises $4M to grow presence in all aspects of cashless and digital transactions
- Thailand: InVent, VC arm of InTouch telecoms firm, aiming to invest $6M a year in startups in 5G and advanced technology
- Thailand: AIS, country’s largest cell network, takes unsecured database offline following leak of estimated 8BN real-time ‘net records on millions of internet users
- Thai Digital Energy Development public-private JV partners Australia’s fast-growing Power Ledger energy firm to develop blockchain-backed digital energy trading business
- An intro to the 9 startup solutions selected under the UN Environment Programme’s 2020 Asia-Pacific Low Carbon Lifestyles Challenge