News from May 2020
The monthly Taiwan startup news summary for May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The Taiwanese startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Taiwan’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Taiwanese startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the Taiwan tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about Taiwan’s tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Taiwan’s tech startups.
Previous monthly startup news summaries for Taiwan are also available online, along with quarterly collections of Taiwan’s tech news.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- Taiwan’s HTC launches Vive Sync collaboration and meetings app to allow remote teams to collaborate in VR
- Taiwan: Startups under StarFab Taiwan AI x Robotics Accelerator partner Taiwan’s biomedical firms to develop screening platform for COVID-19
- Taiwan’s AppWorks Accelerator opens applications for batch 21 intake, close set for July 1st
- US Gov’t reportedly in talks with chip manufacturers including Taiwan Semiconductor and Intel around feasibility of fabrication plants in the US
- ICYMI: This week’s Startup Digest for Taipei, listing Techstar’s take on the city’s tech and startup-related events, announcements and information
- Taiwan: M17 interactive streaming platforms provider secures $26.5M with sights on expansion to Japan, the US and Middle East
- Singapore’s CirclesLife targeting growth in Taiwan with expansion of mobile services to include digital finance, gaming and events recommendations related to telco services
- Taiwan: A video intro to SimX VR, training doctors in treating coronavirus patients virtually, developed by HTC and Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Foundation
- Taiwan: An overview of the country’s AI ecosystem development
- Taiwan: An overview of Japan’s LINE messaging app’s aims as a virtual bank in Taiwan, both with LINE Pay and the soon-to-launch LINE Bank
- Taiwan: Financial Supervisory Commission considering establishing new trading platform, making it easier for SMEs to raise funds for expansion
- Taiwan: XRSpace, started by co-founder of HTC, launches Manova virtual world and Mova goggles, aiming to deliver a social VR experience like Ready Player One
- Taiwan AI Robotics Accelerator, Japan’s Mizuhu Bank and StarFab Accelerator ink MoU to establish accelerator platform focusing on 5G, AI and medicine (pdf)
- Women’s International Showcase of Entrepreneurs event set for June 18, livestreaming pitches from 50 early-stage, women-led startups in 10 regions worldwide