News from May 2020
The monthly Singapore startup news summary for May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The Singaporean startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Singapore’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Singaporean startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the Singapore tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about Singapore’s tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Singaporean tech startups.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- Singapore: Tinvio gains $5.6M seed funding with chat-to-order mobile app focused on SMEs that rely on phone, email and paper invoicing
- Singapore: CACHE, provider of gold-backed digital assets, partners Onchain Custodian digital assets custody service for insured safekeeping of gold-backed tokens
- Enterprise Singapore adds 14 new Accredited Mentor Partners to its Startup SG Founder scheme to aid local startups
- Singapore Blockchain Week 2020 Virtual Summit set for July 21st, featuring online conference, live chat and exhibitions
- Singapore’s mClinica health tech platform sets sights on $20M B Series with supply chain focus on the pharmaceutical industry
- Singapore: GoBear insurance and banking marketplace acquires AsiaKredit to add consumer lending focus to over 100 bank partners SEA-wide
- Singapore-based Ninja Van adds $279M new funding to scale e-commerce delivery logistics and boost b2b services
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore awards SG$600K to 12 startups selected for Smart Port Challenge
- Singapore’s Validus raises $20M with SEA-focused peer-to-peer lending platform to connect accredited lenders with SMEs
- An intro to Singapore-based Goama Games, subscription-based gaming and e-sports platform
- Singapore: FoodRazor lands $900K with platform providing food-and-beverage operators with invoice management, digitizing details from printed receipts
- Singapore: Dathena secures $12M Series A with AI-backed data security and privacy tools to classify and manage confidential data, aiming to grow US presence
- Singapore: Monetary Authority, Singapore Fintech Association and AMTD partner for S$6M grant program to support fintechs impacted by coronavirus
- Singapore: Lupl secures $10M with open platform to synchronise legal projects, bringing documents, communications and applications into a single secure location
- Singapore: Spark Systems raises $10.5M with foreign exchange trading platform, in part from Citi and HSBC
- ICYMI: Singapore’s Temasek joins Libra Association, Facebook’s digital currency project
- Singapore: An intro to Intellect, aiming to make mental health more approachable using a mobile app based on cognitive behavioral therapy techniques
- GROW Accelerator launches new Singapore Food Bowl agri-tech program, aiming to develop ‘more resilient, decentralized agrifood ecosystems’
- Singapore: GoBear fintech raises $17M to grow consumer financial services focused on consumers without credit cards and access to traditional credit-building tools
- Singapore: Atome SG app launches, enabling online and offline shoppers to purchase items in monthly installments interest-free over 3 months
- Singapore: VeChain partnered by Bayer pharmaceutical giant for Csecure, aiming to improve drug supply management, data and traceability in clinical trials
- Singapore: WizAI secures $6M pre-A, focusing on conversational AI for ASEAN languages with aim of improving call centre and customer engagement activities
- Singapore’s Carousell online marketplace launches Carousell Property real estate listing platform in Hong Kong
- Singapore’s CirclesLife targeting growth in Taiwan with expansion of mobile services to include digital finance, gaming and events recommendations related to telco services