News from May 2020
The monthly startup news summary covering The Philippines in May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The Filipino startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Filipino tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Filipino startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are tech startup news items covering The Philippines, pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about The Philippines’ tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Filipino tech startups.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- Philippines: A brief overview of some of the Filipino tech startups stepping up to help combat COVID-19
- ICYMI: 2020 Philippine Startup Survey report is now available to download, via PwC
- Philippines: Angkas motorbile ride-hail service pivots to deliveries in response to COVID-19 impact on business
- Philippines: GoodWork home services platform secures $1.6M for SEA growth, initially focusing on Vietnam and Thailand
- Philippines: A brief look at 7 of the country’s fintech startups, working in digital banking, mobile wallets and more
- Philippines: An overview of the recent online conference from QBO Innovation Hub which brought together key participants in the country’s technology business incubators
- Philippines: An intro to Workbean HR startup and its recently-launched crowdsourcing campaign to list employers that are still hiring through the COVID-19 pandemic
- Philippines: “Take the Philippines as an example…it’s not hard to imagine how fast Libra could become the preferred tender of Filipinos everywhere”
- Philippines’ Filinvest Development Corp and Plug and Play corporate innovation platform partner for real estate and associated innovation in the Philippines and wider SEA