New Zealand startups
News from May 2020
The monthly New Zealand tech startup news summary for May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The New Zealand startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers New Zealand’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to New Zealand’s startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the New Zealand tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about NZ tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in NZ tech startups.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- A look at New Zealand Made Products Facebook group, established to help small businesses hit by the coronavirus outbreak with 250K members already
- New Zealand: An intro to Wanderble, startup that placed 2nd in the recent HackTheCrisisNZ event
- New Zealand: An intro to Reality Virtual, working on AI to automate conversion of high-res photos into a 3-D VR experience, recently backed by firm behind Fortnite
- New Zealand: Komodo Monitr sports coaching software adds wellbeing monitoring for schools to support their students and staff in response to COVID-19
- New Zealand: An intro to Rocos, robot operations software platform firm partnering Boston Dynamics to use Spot robot in different ways, including agriculture
- New Zealand: Another look at NZ-founded Soul Machines, creating AI-driven life-like virtual personas
- AWS Summit Online Australia New Zealand set for May 13th