News from May 2020
The monthly Malaysian startup news summary for May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The Malaysian startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Malaysia’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Malaysian startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the Malaysian tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about Malaysia’s tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Malaysian tech startups.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- Malaysia: “…coupled with more digital stimulus packages from the government, would inevitably favor nimble e-wallet companies who are willing to go the extra mile”
- Malaysia: LottieFiles secures seed round funding from Adobe Fund for Design and 500 Startups with focus on animation production and community
- Malaysian Technology Development Corp partners Serba Dinamik Group to boost digital startup ecosystem in Malaysia, announcing $6M Innovative Transformation Seed Fund
- Malaysia: A look at LokaLocal’s coronavirus-prompted pivot from providing travel experiences to a new focus on content production and marketing
- Malaysia: Selangor Accelerator Program 2020 opens applications for Malaysian tech startups, a 4-month program taking startups from idea validation to growth
- Malaysia: 3 winning startups selected from 1337 Ventures’ first Alpha Startup Digital Accelerator, working in proptech, vending and recruitment
- Malaysia: Gobi Partners VC firm and Malaysia Digital Economy Corp announce funding up to $3.5M for winning startups in SuperSeed II Championship pitching competition
- Malaysia: NEXEA startup investment firm and MDEC partner for Entrepreneurs Programme, private forum for startup CEOs
- Malaysia: An intro to the 5 tech startups that presented at the recent Cyberview Living Lab Accelerator virtual demo day
- Malaysia: Selangor Accelerator Programme 2020 application period extended to June 10th, seeking tech startups across a wide variety of fields
- Malaysia: An intro to LiveIn, proptech startup offering end-to-end medium to long-term room rental solutions for tertiary students and young professionals