Hong Kong startups
News from May 2020
The monthly Hong Kong startup news snapshot for May 2020, drawn from the daily Startup News Asia news feed.
The Hong Kong startup news headlines below each link to one of the original online news articles that published the item concerned. Each article either directly covers Hong Kong’s tech startups, or deals with issues of importance to Hong Kong startups in some way.
News headlines featured here are the Hong Kong tech startup news items pulled from our daily startup news coverage, which currently covers 17 primary locations across Asia and Oceania. News sources we pull from are agnostic; we find and aggregate news about Hong Kong’s tech startups from online outlets large and small, based purely on relevance to individuals, and organisations, interested in Hong Kong’s tech startups.
Additional subject-focused news summaries are also online, covering the month’s blockchain news, artificial intelligence, digital currency news, cybersecurity and datasec, and a broad collection of fintech news.
- ICYMI: Hong Kong Blockchain Ecosystem Map 2.0, released in November 2019 by the Fintech Association of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong-based ZuBlu secures $1M seed funding with focus on scuba diving and underwater-focused adventure travellers
- Hong Kong: Ecoinno raises $6M with compostable food packaging made from sugar cane and bamboo, initially focusing on coffee capsules and single-use food containers
- Hong Kong: An intro to Beyond Ventures, HK-based venture capital fund focusing on early-stage tech startups
- Singapore’s Carousell online marketplace launches Carousell Property real estate listing platform in Hong Kong