A brief March 2020 month-end snapshot of New Zealand’s startup news, from Startup News Asia.
Each month, we gather New Zealand’s startup news, along with venture capital funding items and tech news to produce a monthly summary, in this case for March 2020. Items are drawn from our daily news feeds, which collect startup news in New Zealand from online news sources, tech news channels and New Zealand-focused online news services; and each item linked here will take you to the original news source.
- New Zealand: Gov’t launches Digital Council to advise government on how to maximise societal benefits of digital and data-driven technologies
- New Zealand: Gov’t launches Elevate NZ, a $300M VC fund focusing on high-potential early-stage tech startups
- New Zealand’s fintech sector is outgrowing the rest of the world; while the global average is 31-33%, New Zealand is growing at a rate of 48.5%
- New Zealand: Mainland Angel Investors network launches, founded by Startup Dunedin, COIN South and Startup Queenstown Lakes
- New Zealand: Department of Conservation considering use of drones to drop poison bait in remote areas for invasive pests that kill native and endangered species
Tech news: By subject
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific in March 2020:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app