Vietnam’s tech startup news headlines from December 2020
via Startup News Asia
The Vietnam startup news headlines below were gathered from a range of online, free-to-read news platforms, each covering aspects of Vietnam’s startup scene across December 2020 in some way.
The Vietnamese startup news headlines listed here each link readers to the full news article behind the headline, providing you with 2 things; an at-a-glance overview of Vietnam’s startups and tech developments, and one-click access to more detail on the particular Vietnamese startup or technology issue headlined.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup scene generally; for a fuller picture of monthly startup news from Vietnam and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Vietnam: FoodMapAsia wins Startup Hunt 2020 with e-commerce platform to link farmers with hotels and residential areas, beating 300 other participants
- Vietnam: The October/November newsletter from 500 Startups Vietnam, looking at investments closed, Batch 3 of Saola Accelerator and more
- A brief look at the startups from Vietnam, The Philippines, Sri Lanka and Singapore that won at Microsoft’s inaugural Emerge X Regional Pitching Competition
- A brief Q&A intro to FEBE Ventures, Southeast Asia-based VC fund with a focus on the tech ecosystems in Vietnam and Indonesia
- Vietnam: Lozi e-commerce and deliveries startup gains new financing round led by Singapore’s Vulpes Investment Management
- Facebook: “…against 2 separate groups of hackers – APT32 in Vietnam and a group based in Bangladesh – removing their ability to…abuse our platform, distribute malware and hack accounts…”
- Vietnam: Palexy gains $1M with actionable data analytics focused on the performance of brick-and-mortar retailers
- Vietnam’s Homebase gains funding from Singapore’s 1982 Ventures with custom co-investment concept for home buyers
- Vietnam: Biomass Lab takes win at Tech Planter Asia competition, creating material 8-16 times more durable than kevlar or steel from treated paper waste
- Vietnam: Viettel Data Mining Platform unveiled by Viettel, military-run telecoms group
- Vietnam: Kardiachain launches its mainnet 1.0 for interoperable blockchain platform, allowing different networks to connect without technical alterations
- A brief look at the 3 Brunei startups that recently received ASEAN Business Awards in Vietnam
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: