Taiwan’s startup news headlines from December 2020
via Startup News Asia
The Taiwan startup news headlines below were drawn from a variety of online, free-to-read news platforms, each covering aspects of Taiwan’s vibrant startup scene across December 2020.
The Taiwan startup news headlines listed here are each linked to the news article behind the headline, in full, providing Startup News Asia readers with 2 things; an overview of Taiwan’s startups and ecosystems, and a deeper-dive into the particular Taiwan startup and technology issue headlined.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup scene generally; for a fuller picture of monthly startup news from Taiwan and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Taiwan: Kaohsiung City Gov’t announces formation of 5G AIoT International Alliance, comprising city gov’t, central gov’t bodies, tech firms and telcos
- Taiwan: A Q&A with the founder of SparkLabs Taipei accelerator and venture capital firm
- Taiwan Mobile partners South Korea’s SK Telecom to grow 5G in Taiwan, with focus on leveraging SK’s expertise in indoor coverage
- A deep dive into Taiwan’s moves into 5G, touching on spectrum auctions, the technologies and the telcos
- Taiwan: A podcast look at why to choose Taiwan as your startup’s Asia base, from Elisa Chiu of Anchor Venture Partners
- Taiwan: BE Accelerator Program is now open for applications from digital health and medical device startups – applications close January 8th 2021
- Taiwan’s Karma Medical Devices and Israel’s ReSymmetry partner around assistive devices and smart wheelchair technology with initial $2M investment
- Taiwan, Chips, and Geopolitics: TSMC is a critical part of the global semiconductor supply chain. What does that mean for the US and China’s Taiwan policies?
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: