Sri Lanka startup news snapshot from December 2020
via Startup News Asia
The Sri Lanka startup news snapshot below was drawn from a variety of online, free-to-read news platforms, each covering aspects of Sri Lanka’s growing startup, technology and funding movements across December 2020.
The Sri Lankan startup news headlines listed are each linked to the news article behind the headlines, in full, providing Startup News Asia’s readers with an overview of Sri Lanka’s startups and ecosystems, along with a deeper-dive into the particular Sri Lanka startup and technology issue headlined.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup scene generally; for a fuller picture of monthly startup news from Sri Lanka and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Download: Central Bank of Sri Lanka Payments and Settlements Department’s Q2 2020 Payments Bulletin (pdf)
- Sri Lanka: A look at some of the country’s startups in digital payments, working towards a cashless society
- Sri Lanka: Angel Fund shortlists 5 startups for investment, working in blockchain, IoT, healthtech and more
- An overview of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka’s regulatory sandbox, launched this year for use by domestic and international fintech firms
- Sri Lankan investor and entrepreneur to open Bhutan’s first privately-funded tech park in January 2021, The Bhutan Education & Technology Academy Park
- A brief look at the startups from Vietnam, The Philippines, Sri Lanka and Singapore that won at Microsoft’s inaugural Emerge X Regional Pitching Competition
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: