South Korea’s startup news snapshot from December 2020
via Startup News Asia
The Korean startup news snapshot below was gathered from a range of free-to-read online news platforms, each covering aspects of South Korea’s startup, technology and VC movements across December 2020 in some way.
Korean startup news headlines featured are each hyperlinked to the full news article behind the headlines, in full, providing Startup News Asia’s readers with an overview of Korea’s startups and ecosystem, along with fuller information on the particular Korean startup and technology items headlined.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup scene generally; for a fuller picture of monthly startup news from South Korea and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- South Korea: Letsee to launch global version of web-based augmented reality platform, allowing users to publish AR content accessible via any web browser
- South Korea: CHAI payment tech startup gains $60M funding with API system allowing companies to accept payments from more than 20 systems
- South Korea: A look at the key points from a recent Bank of Korea report on contactless and digital payments
- South Korea: Hashed raises $120M investment fund to back blockchain and tech startups, with particular focus on investments in the ‘protocol economy’
- ICYMI: Lyft partners Korea’s Motional with plan to launch multi-city US robotaxi service in 2023, based on a driverless Hyundai platform
- Taiwan Mobile partners South Korea’s SK Telecom to grow 5G in Taiwan, with focus on leveraging SK’s expertise in indoor coverage
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: