Thailand’s startup news: August 2020
The Thailand startup news collection below has been gathered from a variety of online sources, covering Thailand’s startup and technology ecosystems across August of 2020, drawn from the English-language online press.
Thailand focused startup news items here capture Thailand’s startup headlines from the last month; each Thai startup headline is linked to the online article it was drawn from. This gives readers with an interest in Thailand’s startup ecosystem an at-a-glance overview of August 2020’s startup news from Thailand, and also allows you to instantly read each Thailand startup news article in full.
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and by app – which gather technology news from across 17 locations across Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
- Corporate Innovation Summit 2020 3-day virtual conference set for September 15-17, delivered from Thailand by RISE corporate innovation firm
- Thailand: Siri Ventures property developer business looks to add tech to traditional real estate business, from drone deliveries to EV charging and autonomous driving
- Subsidiary of Lufax, China’s retail fintech, partners Thailand’s Kasikornbank to jointly build digital wealth management platform
- Thailand: major mobile operator partnered by Digital Economy Promotion Agency and Thai Media Fund for e-learning platform to enhance digital literacy in young people
- Thailand: Ricult raises $2M pre-A with platform combining deep tech, artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve agricultural efficiency
- Thailand: Office of the Court of Justice, which oversees 91% of Thai courts, ‘actively developing’ blockchain network to move judicial information entirely online
- Thailand: An intro to Let’s Plant Meat, manufacturing meat-free burgers and minced not-meats out of soy, rice, coconut and beetroot
- Thailand: Lightnet partners Switzerland’s SEBA ‘crypto bank’ for blockchain-based focused on remittances for unbanked migrant workers, bridging traditional and digital finance
- Thailand’s largest GSM mobile phone operator launches TechStorm, world’s first 24/7 HD channel focusing on Asian e-sports and innovation stories
- Thailand’s protests highlight the vulnerabilities of major social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
- Australia’s Power Ledger expands partnership with Thailand’s renewable energy company BCPG for blockchain-based Renewable Energy Certificate marketplace
- Thailand’s RISE corporate accelerator expands with Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre partnership in advance of 2020 Global Accelerator Program
In Other news
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app