Sri Lanka’s tech startup news: August 2020
The Sri Lanka startup news collection here has been gathered from online coverage of Sri Lanka’s technology, startup and VC funding ecosystems across August of 2020, as covered in English-language internet media.
Sri Lankan startup news items here capture Sri Lanka’s startup news headlines from the last month; each Sri Lankan startup news headline is hyperlinked to the online article behind it. This gives readers a ‘quick glance’ overview of recent Sri Lankan startup news, and also allows you to instantly read each Sri Lankan startup article in full.
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and by app – which gather technology news from across 17 locations across Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
- Sri Lanka’s Veracity AI partners Australia’s GoMicro for AI-driven mobile phone microscopy in agriculture to identify pests, disease and mineral deficiencies
- Sri Lanka: The Angel Fund, Lankan Angel Network initiative with corpus over $500K, opens applications from early-stage startups with regional and global potential
- Sri Lanka: Tracified gains equity investment from Japan’s 360ip VC firm with blockchain-based traceability solution for supply chains
- Sri Lanka: A brief 2-page round-up of recent Sri Lanka focused technology, startup and funding news, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily updates
- Sri Lanka: National Savings Bank to implement solution for mitigating fraud in partnership with ACI Worldwide digital payment software and solutions firm
- Sri Lanka: An intro to the women-led startups from the recently-launched Hatch Kickass Bootcamp
- Sri Lanka: Information and Communication Technology Agency and UN Development Programme sign 4-year MoU to focus on public sector digital transformation
In Other news
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app