New Zealand’s startup news: August 2020
The New Zealand startup news collection below is drawn from online coverage of New Zealand’s startup ecosystem across August of 2020.
The New Zealand tech news collection here gathers NZ tech startup and VC funding headlines across the last month; each NZ tech startup headline links to the online article behind it, giving readers an instant view of recent NZ tech startup news items, and allowing you to instantly read each New Zealand startup article in full.
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and by app – which gather technology news from across 17 locations across Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
- New Zealand: Emrod startup claims world-first development and launch of high-power, wireless power transmission as alternative to existing copper line tech
- New Zealand: Emrod startup has developed safe method for wireless transmission of electric power across long distances without need for traditional copper wiring
- New Zealand: Momentum Investment Committee launches 5th branch in Palmerston North, focusing on university science and tech staff and student entrepreneurs
- New Zealand: Startup Dunedin, Otago University, Otago Polytechnic and Callaghan Innovation to partner for startup ecosystem research and development
- New Zealand: An intro to MedSalv, aiming to help medical system save $100M each year with sterilization process preventing 1700 tonnes of waste going to landfills
- Global Entrepreneurship Network in New Zealand unveils Entrepreneurship Manifesto, touching on policy, networks, education, funding and immigration
- New Zealand Stock Exchange hit by 4th daily cyber-attack, halting trading; Security Bureau to investigate offshore source of attacks
In Other news
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app