Japan’s tech startup news: August 2020
The Japan focused startup news collection here is drawn from online coverage of Japan’s startup ecosystem across August of 2020, as covered in the English-language media.
Japanese startup news items listed here gather Japan’s tech startup news headlines for the last month; each Japanese startup headline links to the online article behind each news headline, giving readers an instant view of recent Japanese startup news items, and allowing you to instantly read each Japanese startup news item in full.
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and by app – which gather technology news from across 17 locations across Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
- Japan: Tokyo Game Show 2020 set to run online, September 23-27
- Japan: An intro to C-Face Smart mask, tech-enabled medical mask capable of translating 8 languages to aid communication in the social distancing era
- Japan: BeaTrust enterprize collaboration platform gains $2.8M seed round to build workplace collaboration and cohesion
- Japan: Intel-owned Mobileye to partner WILLER transport services operator to launch robotaxi services in Japan, Taiwan, and other SEA locations
- Japan: Rakuten e-commerce giant to commence roll-out of 5G network in September, first globally to use Open RAN standards
- Japan: Another brief look at Byacco, blockchain-based digital currency and app recently introduced for cashless payments at the University of Aizu
In Other news
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app