Hong Kong’s tech, startup and funding news: August 2020
The Hong Kong startup news collection below is drawn from online coverage of Hong Kong’s technology, startup and VC funding news across August of 2020, as covered in English-language media.
Hong Kong startup news items here are a collection of HK’s tech headlines; each Hong Kong startup headline is linked to the online article behind each headline, giving you an instant overview of recent Hong Kong startup news, and allowing you to instantly read any article in full.
Our monthly news collections are drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily startup news updates – delivered on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and by app – which gather technology news from across 17 locations across Asia and the Indo-Pacific.
- Hong Kong: Harnessing Blockchain Technology for Digital Transformation online event set for August 18th
- Hong Kong: DayDayCook food e-commerce startup raises $20M with mainland-focused app delivering recipes, videos, classes and more
- Hong Kong: Neat fintech adds $4M, lifting Series A to $15M, backing online company incorporation and multi-currency wallet for SMEs trading across Europe and Asia
- Hong Kong: InvestHK unveils new Global Fast Track Programme for help local firms globalize and global fintechs enter the region
- Report: Hong Kong Institute for Monetary and Financial Research releases Artificial Intelligence in Banking: The Changing Landscape in Compliance and Supervision
- An intro to 14 startups from Hong Kong-based Brinc accelerator’s first online Demo Day, working on food-tech, hardware, IoT and more
- China: Coding-focused Notepad++ text editor downloads banned in-country over naming of updates ‘Stand with Hong Kong’ and ‘Free Uyghur’
In Other news
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app