Startup news, Myanmar
Myanmar’s startup news, monthly, as covered in the English-language online press across December of 2019.
Myanmar startup news summaries focus primarily, tho not exclusively, on the country’s early-stage space, regardless of industry and covering agritech, digital payments, e-commerce and more.
Note: Each monthly collection of Myanmar’s startup news is different in size and scope, due to the relatively early stage that the country’s startup scene is at, and due to the light coverage of the space in the English-language press.
- Myanmar: Ezay rural e-commerce startup gains 6-digit funding from Emerging Markets Entrepreneurs early-stage investment firm
- Myanmar: National database in development to collect and manage biometric info for all new mobile registrations across all network operators, prompting concerns
- Myanmar: Resdi restaurant booking and discount app platform gains $25K investment from Phandeeyar startup incubator with off-peak hours focus
- Myanmar: ImpactHub Yangon Changemaker Program set to run January 4-7, focusing on ideas around social and environmental issues
- Indonesia: Legalku legal tech startup raises seed funding from Myanmar’s UMG Idealab with on-demand legal consultation service and SaaS platform
- Thailand: An intro to the 10 batch-2 startups backed by 500 TukTuks
- An intro to the 14 early-stage startups from across SE Asia selected for the Seedstars Summit 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland
Other subject-specific news from December 2019:
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
in: on LinkedIn
tw: on Twitter
fb: on Facebook
app: on Google Play