Artificial intelligence news
Each news item listed below is an artificial intelligence technology news headline, reported or covered online in October 2020.
Headlines featured here link directly to each AI news article that each headline was sourced from, connecting you directly with the AI news source, journalist and online news platform the article was featured on.
AI news items featured here are obviously not specific to a country, or jurisdiction; our aim with the monthly artificial intelligence news summary for October 2020 is to connect readers with global AI industry knowledge, reference points, artificial intelligence research content and simple food for thought about the many likely impact of AI technologies.
- The 2020 AI Strategy Landscape: 50 national artificial intelligence strategies aiming to help shape the future of humanity
- Download: ‘Racing toward the future – Artificial intelligence in Southeast Asia’
- ICYMI: Google launches Lending DocAI to speed up document review for mortgage loans
- Artificial intelligence: “To see what makes AI hard to use, ask it to write a pop song”, on MIT Tech Review
- Australia: Centre for Augmented Reasoning to be established at the University of Adelaide supported by $20M gov’t investment, aiming for national centre for machine learning
- Australia’s GoMicro lands funding and major partnership to test its AI assessment app on tuna for Sri Lankan supermarket chain
- Australia: ‘Exploring the Potential for Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain to Enhance Transport’ report available now to download
- Australia: Government releases Critical Technology Supply Chain Principles paper to aid organisations in securing supply chains in AI, quantum computing and more
- Australia: Artificial Intelligence Action Plan discussion paper available now, with public input sought
- China: Jointech medical robot developer raises $14.72M with artificial intelligence-driven orthopedic surgical robots focusing on joint replacement surgeries
- China: Huohua education-tech startup gains $100M in round led by Tencent, with AI-powered interactive courses focusing on K-12 students
- China: Bamboocloud secures $44.4M with wide-angle AI-driven identity management and access control suite
- “Improving batteries has always been hampered by slow experimentation and discovery processes. Machine learning is speeding it up by orders of magnitude.”
- India: Responsible AI for Social Empowerment virtual summit set for October 5-9, looking at areas including healthcare, agriculture, education and smart mobility
- India: An intro to the winning startups from the AI Solution Challenge at the recent Responsible AI for Social Empowerment event
- India: A look at Ziptrax Cleantech, using AI to repurpose discarded Li-ion batteries for electric two and three-wheeler vehicles
- Indonesia: An intro to the 12 startups graduating from batch 7 of GK-Plug and Play Indonesia, working in analytics, AI, fashion and more
- Japan: Get In The Ring Osaka 2020 AI edition applications now open – finals to be held online December 3rd
- South Korea: A lookk at Alyce Healthcare’s Weelo, an AI-driven personal fitness training solution
- New Zealand: Winely gains $2M with IoT-sensors, AI and cloud-based software focused on automating portions of the wine production process
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry awards CEO of Senti AI artificial intelligence company with Outstanding Young Entrepreneur Award
- India: Startups Fedo and Knight FinTech selected for Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific mentorship program
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •