October 2021: Artificial intelligence
News from the artificial intelligence field in October 2021 covered developments including: Microsoft’s AI moves in India; AI-powered language modelling; ‘robot kitchens’ technology in South Korea; and more.
Artificial intelligence news is also featured in Startup news Asia’s daily technology news feeds, delivered across social media, by email newsletter and by mobile app.
- Facebook AI’s Ego4D, a long-term project built with consortium of 13 uni’s & labs in 9 countries, 2,200 hours of first-person video and over 700 participants in their daily lives
- Nvidia and Microsoft build world’s largest artificial intelligence-powered language model to date, superceding OpenAI’s GPT-3 AI
- South Korea’s Aniai from the Born2Global Centre selected as 1 of 10 companies to participate in Q3 intake of Microsoft for Startups with AI-backed robotic kitchen tech
- India: Microsoft launches startup-focused AI Innovate programme and AI Playbook to provide resources, partnerships and guidance around deploying AI at scale
- Asia’s tech news, issue 095: Tech & the Quad, HSBC JumpStarter, AI in India, BNPL in Vietnam, Uber & Sri Lanka…
- ‘Principles for Responsible Artificial Intelligence, Approach Document for India, Part 1’ (pdf)
Our other editions provide different ways to keep up to date with startups, technology and related developments across Asia and the Indo-Pacific – and don’t forget our mobile app.