Specifically startup-related tags are divided into two sections, on the following pages:
General tech startup hashtags
There are, of course, hundreds of hashtags that are connected with the start-up business world.
Adding these to the mix when you search for information can help to focus in on specific areas of interest.
- #startupnews : A basic catch-all, and an experiment in developing an information niche
- #bitcoin / #blockchain / #cryptocurrency : Essentially drilling down on specific fields if/when relevant for a more specific news item in the fintech space
- #CFO / #CFOnews / #CTO / #CTOnews : Very general tags to widen the appeal of those finance-related items that are reported. In the case of specifically #fintech news, the need for overlap between CFO and CTO is clear.
- #entrepreneurs : A secondary tag, in this context. Entrepreneurial activity obviously isn’t limited to the tech field.
- #coworking : This often comes up as a useful tag, simply because coworking spaces are often the domain of the startup, and particularly the tech-based start-up, given that coworking spaces – rent-a-desk, essentially – often contain a collection of disparate skill sets in the same room.
South East Asia
Below is a simple, quick-reference list of hashtags for finding information about #startups in particular countries, cities and regions in South and Southeast Asia, and Australia and New Zealand.
Use it for searching for information, news and developments in the tech and startup sectors.
Australia & New Zealand
Covering both StartupAus, the Australian advisory body, and a general ‘Australian startups’ label:
And New Zealand, fairly obviously:
And the individual Australian states, and their capital cities:
by tech subject area
Of course, you can’t classify the entire spectrum of startups working in tech, web, mobile and more by simply using one tag or identifier and expecting everyone with an interest in that space to be using that hashtag to search.
Because of this, as much as possible in the Startup News Asia twitter feed, we add context using multiple hashtags.
Along with this, though, must come the awareness that no single audience seeks information in the same way. Is there a shared vocabulary for online searching? Not really. Hence multiple tags aimed at multiple audiences.
#fintech (financial technology)
Internet Of Things: