A round-up of Malaysia’s tech startup and VC funding news headlines from January, February and March, Q1 2022
- Technology, startup and funding-related news
- Headlines linked to each online article in full
- Quarterly collection for January, February and March 2022
- Free-to-read online news sources linked
- Articles, reports, downloads, commentary and beyond
See our other editions for the variety of channels we publish to.
- Malaysia: NFT Pangolin marketplace launches with Zetrix tie-in, allowing access to China’s ‘no trading’ version of the non-fungible token space
- ScaleUp Malaysia applications for Cohort 4 are now open, seeking early stage companies ready to scale
- Unicorn Pitches Malaysia edition set for March 25th, with 10 startups set to pitch online
- Malaysia: Communication Ministry proposes to gov’t that cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin be adopted as legal tender
- Malaysia: iPrice online shopping aggregator raises $5M in part to expand into the lending market, helping users find consumer loans to fund purchases
- Malaysia: Winners of the recent Digital Penang Fintech Hackathon 2021 unveiled, working in charity donations, crowdfunding and subscriptions technology
- Indonesia: Malaysia’s Capital A, formerly known as AirAsia Group, launches in Indonesia’s food delivery service market, going up against GoFood, GrabFood and ShopeeFood
- ICYMI: Malaysia Fintech Opportunity Report – Insurtech Outlook 2021/2022, from Malaysia’s 1337 Ventures
- Malaysia’s Curlec fintech firm has majority stake taken by India’s Razorpay, widening Razorpay’s regional growth moves
- Malaysia: Penang Game Development Exchange soft launch takes place tomorrow, February 12th, in George Town
- Malaysia: Pestle & Mortar Clothing and Tiger Beer recently collaborated for Lucky Tigers NFT artwork collection, selling 6,688 NFTs in 10 minutes and generating RM3.5M
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation ‘Connecting’ magazine’s 2nd issue available now to download, looking at e-sports, ESG, opportunities in Dubai and more
- Malaysia: Pandai education-tech startup raises $2.03M from local and international investors including Y Combinator with gamified approach to curriculum learning
- Paywatch raises $5.3M with earned wage access for workers before payday, with companies earning from employees via transaction fees
- Malaysia: 1337 Ventures launches $287K fund, co-funded by former JobStreet COO, aiming for 8 deals across the year with a maximum ticket size of $36K
Our other editions go out across all sorts of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Android app, Instagram and more.
Hit the links for tech and startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.