October, November & December 2020
Thailand technology news
The Thailand Q4 2020 technology news collection provides a brief, one-page index listing of Thailand’s technology news headlines reported online in the English-language press across October, November & December of 2020.
Technology news headlines featured in the Q4 2020 Thailand round-up were gathered from our monthly coverage of Thailand’s tech news, which itself is drawn from Startup News Asia’s ongoing daily technology news updates.
The Thailand technology news headlines listed here are, just like Startup News Asia’s monthly summaries, hyperlinked to the full, free-to-read articles behind each Thailand tech news headline – minus middle-man platforms, and without misappropriating authorship.
This gives Thailand’s technology observers with direct, boosted, access to the tech news coverage, platforms and journalists responsible for each news article, in an easily-accessible quarterly format.
- Nokia selected by dtac mobile operator for 3-year 5G radio access network partnership focusing on North and North Eastern regions
- Telecom Association of Thailand launches Thailand Telecom Computer Emergency Response Team as response coordination and information sharing body
- ICYMI: Cambodia’s Smart Axiata Digital Innovation Fund backed BanhJi, fintech for MSMEs, and Thailand’s DRVR fleet analytics software provider
- Download: An intro to each of the 30 startups selected for the RISE Global Accelerator Program 2020 intake
- Eden Agritech takes win at Asian Entrepreneurship Awards 2020 with solution to maintain food quality and extend shelf life
- Krungthai Bank launches Infinitas R&D firm for digital innovation in financial products to further digitize more than 40M customers
- Huawei to invest $23M in building its 3rd data centre in the country
- FinVest online wealth management platform for retail investors launched by partnership between Kasikornbank and Singapore subsidiary of China’s Lufax
- ICYMI: Bank of Thailand and HK Monetary Authority exploring distributed ledger tech to boost cross-border payments efficiency with Inthanon-LionRock project
- Thailand’s Let’s Plant Meat plant-based meat startup takes Plant Protein Award at the Future Food Asia 2020 conference
- Thail-German HydroNeo shrimp aquaculture startup gains funding from Thai Union Corporate Venture Fund with smart farm management system
- ChomCHOB loyalty and rewards platform gains Series A funding, with 2M downloads and allowing users to break points out of proprietary silos
- Yindii launches mobile app to combat food waste in Bangkok to connect consumers with food outlets offering flash sales on food that would otherwise go to waste
- Thailand MICE Startup Competition launches its 3rd edition, focusing on startups innovating for the meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions industry
- Japan’s Line integrates banking services into messaging app, launching in Thailand as first market
Asia’s tech news, today
All-day technology news looking at 17 primary locations in South & Southeast Asia, Australia & New Zealand: