= First quarter 2018 =
Hong Kong STartup News
Below is an uncategorised summary of Hong Kong’s broad tech and startup news reported across January, February and March in 2018.
We also deliver a monthly startup news update on Hong Kong.
Note: We’re currently revising our methods for gathering HK-specific news, given the apparent ‘lightness’ of our coverage in Q1 2018.
The collected quarterly items – spanning all countries in South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand – can also be ordered as a 90+ page publication in full-colour hardopy.
- Goxip online fashion marketplace secures US$5M for Southeast Asia growth
- Bright Box smartphone-based cloud technology acquired by Zurich for telematics analysis
- AlphaConcepts influencer marketing platform raises $200K
- Ripple partners Hong Kong’s LianLian to power cross-border payments to China
- Fabrica Fund sets sights on ‘techstyle’ sector – textiles, wearables, fashion and e-commerce
- Token2049 Token And Cryptocurrency Ecosystem conference – March 20-21
- A look at 10 fintech accelerators in SE Asia and Hong Kong
- CSI Alliance launched to support HK’s fintech startups
- Checkbox regulation and compliance process startup wins Fintech Finals 2018
- Hong Kong looks to AI to help predict climate change impacts
- WebConf Asia set for June in Hong Kong
- Multi-functional eSports hub to be set up at HK Cyberport
- An overview of HK’s growing startup ecosystem
- A brief look at Tongji-Bauhinia Valley Startup Camp, bringing together students from China, Hong Kong and Macau
- South China Morning Post launches Abacus, focusing on China’s tech scene