The SNA monthly Singapore tech news snapshot for April 2022, delivering a brief overview of Singaporean startups, Singapore’s tech headlines, and VC investments concerning Singapore tech.
- Singapore: BIS Innovation Hub and Monetary Authority launch prototype Project Ellipse platform, using multi-source data to help identify potential risks to banks and systems
- Singapore: Ethlas ‘game-fi’ blockchain startup raises $6M in extended seed-funding, building on largest Polygon-based game metaverse with over 310K gamers
- Singapore: BeepBeep! ‘quick commerce’ startup raises $6M with sights on SE Asia expansion to build on 7 warehouses currently across the region
- Singapore-based RockX cryptocurrency staking provider raises $6M Series A
- Quest Ventures and Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise – raiSE – launch Asia’s first VC-backed accelerator to support seed-stage startups in sustainable impact
- Singapore’s Ryde ride-hail app preps for launch of community-focused ‘RydePal NFTs’, providing platform-based rewards and option to trade on secondary NFT platforms
- Singapore: Ryde ride-share platform adds to crypto payments capability with Request Finance, expanding user options for topping up their in-app wallets
- SLINGSHOT powered by Startup SG returns for 6th year, offering an immersion program for the top 50 global startups selected to explore growth opportunities in Singapore
- Australia-Singapore FinTech Bridge Agreement inked by Australia Treasury and Monetary Authority of Singapore to strengthen cooperation between fintech ecosystems
- Singapore’s MetaOne platform brings blockchain-based gaming and decentralized finance to Cambodia with Sabay digital media and entertainment group partnership
Startup News Asia: other editions
Hit the links to get ongoing tech startup news updates from across Asia Pacific, and beyond, on your preferred platform.