Startup News Asia’s tech news headlines snapshot for Hong Kong, drawn across April 2022 and providing an overview of Hong Kong’s tech, startup and VC spaces.
- Hong Kong: A look at Sprout token management startup, aiming to help companies trace digital coins and non-fungible tokens across various blockchain platforms
- Hong Kong: Startup Air World launches decentralised virtual world, AiR Metaverse, recreating Hong Kong in a virtual environment and featuring location-based gameplay
- Staying Ahead Of The Meta-Curve’: Animoca Brands’ Yat Siu talks with Patrick Grove of Catcha Group at Wild3 Conference, set for April 12-13
- Hong Kong: Newman Capital launches $50M fund aiming to help traditional businesses with moves towards Web3 activity
- Animoca Brands and the open metaverse: “…we think the biggest threat isn’t regulation, but it is groups like Facebook or Tencent.”
- Video: ‘File Production using Blockchain’ in the film industry – Lumiere Project founder Patrice Poujol interviewed by Sean Lee, former CEO of Algorand Foundation
- Hong Kong: OneDegree virtual insurer partners Germany’s Munich Re reinsurer to expand OneInfinity crypto insurance to clients such as firms dealing with NFTs
- Hong Kong: 10 winners unveiled from the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund/HSBC JUMPSTARTER 2022 Global Pitch Competition
- Hong Kong’s Animoca Brands unveils partners for Mega City 2, phase 2 of cultural hub in the metaverse, and announces LAND sale for April 28th
- Hong Kong: An intro to Clearbot Neo, an AI-enabled robotic boat supported by Microsoft that cleans up harbors and rivers, keeping plastic trash out of the ocean
- China: Macau’s 928 Challenge, university startup competition between Portuguese-speaking countries and China, opens for bootcamp registrations in June
Startup News Asia: other editions
Hit the links to get ongoing tech startup news updates from across Asia Pacific, and beyond, on your preferred platform.