September’s month-end tech news from Myanmar
Myanmar’s tech news remained extremely ‘thin’ in September 2021 due to the ongoing military coup in the country. Because of this our coverage remains more a collection of items from past months, rather than Myanmar’s current or breaking tech news headlines.
- Myanmar: Telenor telco to withdraw from Myanmar due to military junta demands to install surveillance equipment to intercept communications on Telenor network
- Myanmar: Wave Money mobile wallet provider has lost more than 50% of monthly active users this year, adding to woes following Ant Group’s derailed plans to take a stake
- Myanmar: National Unity Gov’t to launch mobile learning with Moodle and Zoom for primary, secondary and vocational schools to teach around military coup impacts
- The video pitch from RecyGlo waste management and recycling firm, presented at the recent online Unicorn Battle SE Asia & Oceania event
- A look at how TikTok is making the same mistakes around disinformation and fake news that Facebook has already made in the country
- Download: Analysis of the provisions of the draft Cyber Security law (pdf)