Vietnam’s tech & startup news
in March 2021
March 2021’s tech startup news headlines from Vietnam touched on a range of areas, including Vietnam-Australia partnership, new venture capital funds, the electric vehicles industry, property-tech, Augmetics robotics startup and more.
The listing here gives an overview of English-language press coverage of Vietnam’s tech startup news headlines in March, pulled from Startup News Asia’s daily news; each headline link will take you to the article behind that headline, available to read in full, online and free of charge.
This gives followers of Vietnam’s tech ecosystem two things instantly:
- a quick, one-page overview of the month’s tech and startup-related news from Vietnam, (obviously); and
- one-click access to the full story behind each Vietnam tech news headline, letting you focus only on what’s of most interest to you.
You can also download a 1-page snapshot of Vietnam’s tech news:
- Vietnam: Vietcetera Media gains $700K investment with focus on the nation’s growing middle class and an online media market expected to hit $7BN in 2025
- Vietnam: Citics proptech startup secures $1M pre-series A with comprehensive data-as-a-service platform focusing on the real estate market
- Vietnam: Prime Minister approves 2-year pilot of Mobile Money service, allowing use of mobile phone accounts to pay for small-value goods and services
- Vietnam: ThinkZone early-stage accelerator partners Hanoi University’s BK Fund to raise and manage its first $10M investment vehicle
- Vietnam: Applications for 2nd edition of SK Startup Fellowship Programme for early-stage startups closes March 24th, a program from South Korea’s SK Group
- Vietnam’s Vingroup and Taiwan’s Foxconn in early-stage talks around partnership to focus on developing EV batteries and electric car parts
- Vietnam: Gimo gains funding with focus on providing underbanked workers with access to their earned income ahead of a scheduled payday
- Vietnam: Homebase proptech becomes first Vietnamese startup accepted to Y Combinator, in the process gaining $125K
- Vietnam: VinFast auto maker debuts e34, the country’s first electric car, with sights also on 40K charging stations nationwide by year-end
- Vietnam-Australia partnerships gain boost via Innovation Partnership Grants, helping scale tested activities in any sector of Vietnam’s innovation ecosystem
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app