Sri Lanka startup news: March 2021
A brief snapshot of tech startup news headlines from Sri Lanka in March 2021, covering items including recognition of women entrepreneurs, the country’s leading coworking operator, cyber security strategy and more.
The news listing below provides an overview of the English-language press coverage of Sri Lanka’s startup news headlines for the month, gathered from our daily news feeds; each news headline listed links to the free online article behind that headline, available to read in full.
This gives followers of the Sri Lankan tech, startup and VC ecosystems two things instantly:
- an at-a-glance overview of the month’s startup-related news from Sri Lanka, (obviously); and
- one-click access to the full story behind each Sri Lankan tech news headline, letting you focus only on the news that’s of most interest.
You can also download a 1-page snapshot of Sri Lanka’s tech news:
- Online event: Meet the Top Startup Mentors in Sri Lanka on Zoom, April 6th, from Founders Institute
- An intro to Sri Lanka’s Nevindaree Premarathne, awarded Ecosystem Hero of the Year award by the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- Sri Lanka’s Hatch awarded ‘Best Co-Working Space 2020’ at SAARC Startup Awards, with 60K square feet across 7 floors, 500-plus members and more than 70 startups
- Lankan Angel Network launches IAMHER Program to empower women entrepreneurs, with Her Brand initiative applications closing April 15th
- Download: Central Bank of Sri Lanka Road Map 2021 – Monetary and Financial Sector Policies for 2021 and Beyond (pdf)
- Download: Digital Government & Cyber Security Strategy of Sri Lanka (pdf)
- Startup 2021 – Entrepreneurial reality TV show to mentor & develop young entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka
- ICYMI: The PwC Sri Lanka Accelerator
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app