New Zealand’s startup news
in March 2021
Startup news headlines from New Zealand in March 20201 covered items across areas including artificial intelligence in banking, cyber security, developments in bitcoin and investing, prop-tech and more.
Items listed here present a brief snapshot of New Zealand’s tech news headlines for the month, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds; each item links to the freely-available article behind that headline, in full and available to read online.
This gives followers of New Zealand’s technology scene two things instantly:
- a quick overview of the technology news headlines from New Zealand in March 2021, clearly; and
- one-click access to the details behind the New Zealand technology news items that interest you the most.
You can also download a one-page snapshot of NZ tech news:
- New Zealand: “…[in Q3 2020] 281 Kiwis business reported cyber security breaches and many others are likely to have suffered the same fate, without reporting it”
- New Zealand: Winely startup joins South Australia Landing Pad program, bringing sensors to wine tanks, providing real-time analysis to winemakers via cloud software
- New Zealand: Quashed raises $600K pre-seed funding with AI-driven insurance recommendations
- New Zealand: Mutu peer-to-peer rental marketplace app raises $200K seed round to connect owners of under-utilised assets and spaces with people that need them
- New Zealand: Imagr, fast-growing cashierless checkout system startup, opens Amsterdam office with sights set on UK and European opportunities
- New Zealand: Trustworthy AI in Aotearoa – The AI Principles, available to download now
- New Zealand: Techweek 2021 set for May 22-30; programme launching in April
- Webinar: Artificial Intelligence in banking 2021 – how banks use AI, set for April 21st, delivered by the Artificial Intelligence Forum of New Zealand
- New Zealand: NZ Funds Management’s KiwiSaver growth fund has placed 5% of retirement plan’s assets into Bitcoin
- 2021 AWS Summit Online Australia & New Zealand set for May 18-19, providing the cloud community with educational sessions, hands-on labs and more
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app