Sri Lanka’s startup news: July 2021 headlines
Sri Lanka’s startup news headlines from July 2021 covered items ranging from: the country’s startup achievements on the way to the Startup World Cup; the promotion of entrepreneurship for women in Sri Lanka; artificial intelligence in Sri Lankan agriculture; the country’s new, ‘startup-friendly’ credit scoring framework; and others.
Due to the relatively ‘light’ coverage of Sri Lanka’s tech news in the English-language online press, we’ve also included a selected snapshot of Sri Lankan tech news from June 2021 as additional reference.
The tech headlines listed each link to the online items behind them: free for you to read in full, and with instant access.
- Sri Lanka: A look at SpectrifyAI, producing spectral scanners for the agriculture supply chain able to analyse chemical composition of soil and crops in real-time
- Sri Lanka: A brief overview of the recent Startup Ecosystem Landscape webinar from Ceylon Chamber of Commerce and the Council For Startups
- Sri Lanka Assoc’n of Software and Services Companies inks MoU with Uva Startup Hub for tech, startup and small business development in Uva province
- Sri Lanka: Nat’l Institute of Business Mgmt to ink MOU with Indian Institute of Management to deliver one-year Diploma in Women Entrepreneurship
- Sri Lanka: A brief interview intro to Tracified, blockchain-based supply chain traceability solution provider
- Sri Lanka: Niftron and Magicbit take wins at Sri Lankan National finals, moving forward to overall finals at the Entrepreneurship World Cup 2021 in November
Sri Lanka: Tech news snapshot, June 2021
- Sri Lanka: National Development Bank selects Axion to deploy OneConnect artificial intelligence-driven video know-your-customer tech
- Sri Lanka: ICTA and PwC introduce new credit evaluation framework to aid tech startups and existing firms access funding
- Sri Lanka: PayMedia fintech startup secures LKR 85M loan from NDB in part due to funding access provided by new, startup-friendly credit scoring framework
- Sri Lanka: Results report of recent ICTA and PwC Sri Lanka survey ‘Towards A Startup Friendly Government – Accelerating Startup Growth’ available to download (pdf)
ASIA’S TECH NEWS DAILY
Startup News Asia mobile app – boosting the signal on Asia’s tech news, daily – get the app on Google Play:
ASIA’S STARTUP NEWS TODAY, ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can alternatively get our all-day tech news on social media:
You can alternatively get Asia’s tech news direct to your inbox
with the Startup News Asia e-newsletter:
And connect with our founder on LinkedIn to expand your professional networks: