A quick snapshot of New Zealand’s tech news headlines from December 2021, drawn from online technology and startup news sources. Headlines listed and linked below touch on focus areas in New Zealand’s startup ecosystem including IoT in NZ agriculture, cybersecurity services for New Zealand’s small businesses, biometric customer onboarding and digital ID, and more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- Foundry Lab raises $8M with microwave approach to industrial metal casting, cutting weeks off traditional timeframes for production
- Parkable raises NZ$4.7M with ‘parking optimisation’, allowing companies and individuals to rent out empty parking bays
- Onwardly cybersecurity startup raises NZ$1M focusing on cybersec self-assessment and compliance for small businesses
- New Zealand: Whip Around fleet inspection and maintenance software startup raises NZ$21M with digital platform reducing time spent by managers on paperwork
- Croptide agritech startup raises $1M pre-seed funding with internet-enabled sensors providing timely water measurement data to fruit and wine grape growers
- Wild Futures startup ideas competition applications open to January 17th 2022, an opportunity to pitch to Blackbird VC for entrepreneurs in Australia and New Zealand
- Reserve Bank publishes ‘Future of Money – Central Bank Digital Currency’ issues paper, inviting public comment on whether a CBDC is right for the country
- APLYiD raises NZ$7M with biometric customer onboarding based on facial authentication by video, checked against fraud and watchlist databases
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.