Thailand’s startup news in October 2020
The Thailand startup news items listed below were collected from a variety of online media sources covering Thailand’s technology, startup and funding scenes in October 2020.
Each Thailand startup headline featured links to the news article behind that headline, giving readers two things immediately: an instant overview of Thailand’s startup scene in October of 2020; and one-click access to each Thailand-focused startup news item.
Headlines here were featured in Startup News Asia’s daily updates.
Thailand-focused startup headlines here deliberately provide a ‘wide angle’ collection, rather than narrowly focused, and cover a wide range: from obvious news like a Thai startup trialing a new product, to the scheduling of a future Thai startup conference. The aim with such a wide focus is to provide a better, broader understanding of Thailand’s overall startup scene.
- ICYMI: Bank of Thailand and HK Monetary Authority exploring distributed ledger tech to boost cross-border payments efficiency with Inthanon-LionRock project
- Thailand’s Let’s Plant Meat plant-based meat startup takes Plant Protein Award at the Future Food Asia 2020 conference
- Thail-German HydroNeo shrimp aquaculture startup gains funding from Thai Union Corporate Venture Fund with smart farm management system
- Thailand: ChomCHOB loyalty and rewards platform gains Series A funding, with 2M downloads and allowing users to break points out of proprietary silos
- Thailand: Yindii launches mobile app to combat food waste in Bangkok to connect consumers with food outlets offering flash sales on food that would otherwise go to waste
- Thailand MICE Startup Competition launches its 3rd edition, focusing on startups innovating for the meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions industry
- Japan’s Line integrates banking services into messaging app, launching in Thailand as first market
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •