New Zealand’s startup news in October 2020
New Zealand startup news headlines listed here were gathered from online press coverage of NZ tech, startup and VC funding news across October 2020.
Each NZ tech startup headline listed is linked to the full news article behind that headline, giving a quick-reference overview of the NZ tech startup scene in October 2020, whilst also giving readers one-click access to the articles behind the NZ tech startup news headlines listed.
The New Zealand tech startup news items below are a deliberately broad overview of recent New Zealand tech startup news, and can cover anything; from the obvious, like a New Zealand startup trialing a new service, through to a large-scale tech development introduced to New Zealand that has a notable impact.
- New Zealand: Partly raises $1.7M, connecting auto parts businesses’ offline inventory with buyers around the globe
- New Zealand: A brief look at YY Nation, making shoes from ocean waste and renewable resources and currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter
- New Zealand: US Dept of Homeland Security R&D branch awards MATTR Limited blockchain startup $200K to aid development digitally issued essential worker licences
- New Zealand: Spark telco turned on 5G in Auckland, partnering with Auckland Transport to showcase a range of IoT implementations
- New Zealand: A look at the finalists selected for the inaugural Spark 5G Starter Fund, working in VR, healthcare and more
- New Zealand: CERT NZ issues warning to citizens over increase in volume and sophistication of financially-motivated cyber-attacks in the last 6 months
- New Zealand: Privacy commissioner launches NotifyUs tool to aid NZ organizations determine whether a data breach should be reported
- New Zealand: Storbie e-commerce enabler for community pharmacies raises $1.4M with sights on expansion to Australia
- New Zealand: An intro to the 7 startups taking part in the Tourism Design Accelerator, working on apps, VR and more
- New Zealand: Winely gains $2M with IoT-sensors, AI and cloud-based software focused on automating portions of the wine production process
- New Zealand’s Spark telco and Australia’s National Narrowband Network Co LoRaWAN network operator partner for trans-Tasman IoT network access
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •