Myanmar’s startup news: October 2020
The Myanmar startup news headlines below were gathered from press coverage of Myanmar’s startup, tech and funding news, as reported online in the English-language press across October 2020.
Each Myanmar startup headline listed is linked to the full news article behind that headline, giving a quick-reference overview of Myanmar’s startup scene in October 2020, whilst also giving readers one-click access to articles behind the Myanmar startup news headlines listed.
The Myanmar startup news items below are a deliberately broad look at Myanmar’s recent startup news, and can cover anything; from the obvious, like a Myanmar startup launching a new service, right through to a large-scale tech development that impacts on Myanmar in some way generally.
- Myanmar: Cyberattacks strike the registration portal for the country’s COVID-19 QR pass system, exposing large-scale security flaws
- Myanmar: ThitsaWorks B2B fintech gains backing from BOD Tech Ventures VC with services spanning data analysis, operational efficiency, client education and more
- Myanmar: An overview of how data-led agritech is transforming the lives of Myanmar’s farmers
- Myanmar-founded Better HR sets sights on $500K fundraise in Q1 2021, aiming to expand to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos by year-end
- Myanmar: An intro to Mother Finance, crunching mobile data for credit scores and digital lending, focusing on the unbanked population
- Myanmar: Facebook takes down 655 pages and 12 groups, some with over 1M followers, for inauthentic behaviour blending political and for-profit content
- National Payments Corporation of India and Euronet fintech make joint bid to build Myanmar’s proposed real-time Retail Payments System
- Philippines: GCash moves into mobile gaming with partnership with Myanmar’s Goana Games in step towards becoming a Filipino super app
- A look at 9 agri-tech and foodtech startups set to pitch at the Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit, set for November 18-20
- Cambodia: Mediaload digital news portal gains series A backing from Thailand’s True Group with focus on Myanmar and Cambodia
Today’s startup news
Get all-day news updates from Startup News Asia on tech, startup and VC news from across Asia and Oceania, alongside interesting tech news from the wider world, with the links below.
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •