Vietnam’s startup news headlines
Vietnam news snapshot: November 2020
Our Vietnam tech startup news snapshot gives a selection of headlines gathered from news platforms, journalists and tech sources covering Thailand’s tech startups across November 2020.
The individual Vietnam headlines each connect readers to the news article behind each Vietnam startup news headline, giving Startup News Asia’s readers 2 things: a quick overview of a month’s changes in Vietnam’s startup space; and connections to background details behind each headline, as contained in each linked news article.
Startup News Asia’s Vietnam snapshots give our readers regular, monthly briefings on Vietnam’s technology-focused startup news, and provide, as much as is possible, overseas technology news relevant to Vietnam alongside domestic Vietnamese startup news items.
- Vietnam: Loship e-commerce firm launches new Lo-supply service, providing raw materials and ingredients for F&B owners at the lowest wholesale prices
- Vietnam: Visa partners NextTech-group to push digital payments among small business owners, focusing on opportunities in social commerce
- Vietnam: Umbalena takes winning place at 8th edition of Startup Wheel competition with reading app for Vietnamese children between 2 and 6
- Vietnam: Ministry of Education planning to implement blockchain technology for issuing diplomas in 2021, partnering with Singapore’s TomoChain
- Vietnam and Facebook: “…get us to increase the volume of content that we’re restricting in Vietnam. We’ve told them no. That request came with some threats about what might happen if we didn’t.”
- Coworking UnConference Asia 2021 set for Da Nang in Vietnam, March 4-5, with Academy and spaces tour from March 1-3
- Vietnam: Loship e-commerce and 1-hour-delivery platform adds Loship Radio podcast service to mobile app, focused on customers waiting for order delivery
- Vietnam: Loship 1-hour e-commerce delivery startup partners ViettelPay and Sacombank Pay to integrate product offerings into the two e-wallet platforms
- Vietnam: 33 local and international investment funds commit to $815M investment into startups in Vietnam from 2021 to 2025
- Vietnam Digital Investor Club launches to provide guidance and consulting to tech startups, alongside investing in protections for intellectual property
- ICYMI: Vietnam’s search for tomorrow – Insights for brands, from Think With Google
- Vietnam: GoStream livestream support platform wins Innovative Technopreneur Contest 2020; moves on to represent Vietnam at Startup World Cup 2021 in the US
Asia’s startup news, TODAY
All-day tech and startup news updates from Startup News Asia covering South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with technology news items from the wider world:
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •