South Korea’s startup news
Korean tech news headlines: November 2020
The South Korean startup news headlines collected below were drawn from online news platforms, journalists and tech sources covering Korea’s startups in November 2020.
The individual Korean startup news headlines listed connect readers directly to the online news items behind each headline; this gives a quick-reference view of recent developments in South Korea’s startup ecosystem, and also connects readers to the full background information for each headline.
Startup News Asia’s monthly Korean snapshots give a regular and brief-but-broad overview of Korea’s startup news in a given month, and include overseas tech news that is relevant to South Korea alongside domestic Korean startup news items.
- South Korea: COMEUP 2020 program now online for 2nd edition of 3-day online event, set for November 19-21
- SOSV accelerator for mobile-first markets partners Korea Institute of Start-up and Entrepreneurship Dev to aid Korean startups to expand globally via Chinaccelerator and MOX
- South Korea: Danal payments firm to accept digital currencies via ICON blockchain ecosystem, opening 60K merchants using ICX tokens to users, including 7-Eleven
- South Korea: An interview intro to Impact Collective from TheVentures, community-driven accelerator program backed by 17 collaborating organisations
- 500 x KIC Bootcamp unveiled, an intensive growth bootcamp for early stage startups in Korea from 500 Startups and Korean Innovation Centre in DC
- South Korea: An overview of the first day of COMEUP 2020, the country’s largest startup festival
- South Korea: An overview of day 2 of COMEUP 2020 startup festival, with sessions on open innovation, remote work, robotics, AI and more
- South Korea: BlueVisor takes 2nd place in Startup Network’s Fintech Unicorn Battle in Asia with AI-driven asset management platform
- South Korea: QARA Soft fintech gains $3M with a range of AI-driven investment advisory solutions
- China: UnionPay payments giant to support cryptocurrency via South Korea-developed crypto with addition of ‘virtual card’, opening up spending via 30M merchants
Asia’s startup news, TODAY
All-day tech and startup news updates from Startup News Asia covering South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with technology news items from the wider world:
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •