Japan’s tech startup news
Japanese startup news snapshot: November 2020
The Japan-focused startup news headlines listed below were drawn from a number of online media sources covering Japan’s technology-focused startup and venture capital spaces in November 2020.
Each Japan tech news item listed is connected to the full article associated with that headline, giving you 1) a one-glance listing of Japan’s startup ecosystem news, and also 2) connecting you directly to the full details for a specific news item.
The Japanese startup news snapshot here provides a brief, broad look at Japan’s tech news; from small news items to large, from Series A to national implementations of particular technologies.
- Japan: Gov’t may bar Chinese firms from supplying drones over national security concerns around technology, supply chains, cybersecurity and intellectual property
- Japan: A brief 2-page collection of recent technology and startup headlines from Japan, linked for online reading and QR coded for offline reading from print
- Japan: 30+ major firms including 3 banks, telcos and brokerages to begin experimenting towards issuing a digital yen via common settlement platform
- Japan: An overview of the ecosystem, opportunities and startup support available in Kobe, UNESCO City of Design
- Japan Fair Trade Commission finds large companies often make unreasonable demands of startups they invest in, including free access to intellectual property
- Japan: An overview of Kobe’s startup ecosystem support now that the city has been set as a Global Startup Hub City by the Japanese government
- Japan: A look at the digital transformation elements in focus under the Suga administration
- Japan’s trading house Itochu launches online bespoke clothing system with China’s Tozi, providing clothing production using photos and AI-driven 3D imaging
Asia’s startup news, TODAY
All-day tech and startup news updates from Startup News Asia covering South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with technology news items from the wider world:
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •