A brief March 2020 month-end snapshot of Sri Lanka’s startup news, from Startup News Asia.
Each month, we gather startup news from Sri Lanka, along with venture capital funding items and tech news to produce a monthly summary, in this case for March 2020. Items are drawn from our daily news feeds, which collect startup news in Sri Lanka from online news sources, tech news channels and Sri Lanka-focused online news services; each item linked here will take you to the original news source.
- Sri Lanka: Lankan Angel Network hosts first in knowledge sharing seminars to educate rural communities on how entrepreneurship can create jobs and boost economy
- Sri Lanka: Techstars Startup Weekend Anuradhapura set for March 6-8 – 54 hours to pitch, prototype and potentially launch
- Project launches to identify collaboration opportunities for EU and Sri Lanka in R&D, commercialization and scaling-up via partnerships with entrepreneurs and startups
- Sri Lanka: Startup Weekend’s 2nd edition pitch event set for this Sunday, March 8th, in Anuradapura
- Sri Lanka: A brief intro to Sixer Video, video-focused recruitment startup replacing physical interviews with video interviews
- Sri Lanka: Lankan Angel Network builds on Ford Foundation ecosystem developer partnership with launch of Sri Lanka’s first Angel Fund
Tech news: By subject
Other subject-specific news from across Asia-Pacific in March 2020:
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app