A brief collection of January 2020’s startup news from The Philippines, showcasing Filipino startups, funding and government initiatives benefiting the country’s tech startup space.
- Philippines: Tonik Digital Bank receives banking license from Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the country’s monetary authority, with digital-only services
- Philippines: The 5 startups selected from November’s Youth Social Innovation Lab to represent the country at Youth Co:Lab Regional Summit in Malaysia in April 2020
- Philippines: University of the Philippines’ UPSCALE Innovation Hub startup inks MOUs with Taiwanese organizations on initiatives for Filipino tech startups
- Philippines: Dep’t of ICT to collaborate with agencies to implement National Justice Information System, boosting info management systems and inter-agency exchange
- Philippines: Great Deals E-commerce Corp secures $12M with end-to-end e-commerce enabling services for brands
- A brief intro to the 13 SEA category-winning startups from the recent ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Awards 2019